We are seeking a Head of Sales to establish and grow our global sales, design and manage our customer success operations, assemble and lead a Jedi caliber sales team, and drive strategy and execution of Avala's marketplace and SaaS revenue.
As our Head of Sales, you’ll work closely with the founder and leadership to accelerate current sales channels and optimize customer happiness, as well as elaborate, test and scale new go-to-market strategies. You will build a team, a culture and a strategy, but will also be an active contributor to the sales pipeline and revenue. You will hire and structure our sales and customer success teams, as well as define and implement processes and tools to accelerate our highly efficient and data-driven organization. You need to be a hands-on thought leader who inspires and mentors colleagues and direct reports, sharing your industry knowledge and skills, and establishing a culture of clear thought, customer understanding and problem solving powered by market insight and top-notch deal making skills.The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, data-driven and rigorous, and have a passion for building something new.
We have high standards and hire exceptional people who will push themselves every day. That means that we hire based on the person first, not their experience. So we encourage any candidate that meets 70% of the qualifications to still apply!
❤️ Why Avala?
At Avala, we're solving the world's most important problems with talented individuals who share our passion to change the world.
- Be transparent in everything we do
- Be a Jedi: quality and equality
- Results above all else
- Keep your foot on the gas
- Seek constant improvement
- Improve lives and livelihoods
Our culture is fast-paced, energetic and innovative. At the end of the day, our collective goal is to ensure that we are working towards a future in which everyone can thrive.
🚀 You'll enjoy this role if you can
- Scale our product offerings with an emphasis on revenue growth, operational efficiency, and speed of execution.
- Develop and execute a go-to-market strategy that ensures the company exceeds its revenue and profitability goals.
- Create, nurture, manage, and grow our sales team.
- Champion a "lean startup" style environment of constant experimentation and learning.
- Propel sales and customer success leadership to develop and implement revenue driving strategies, which create long-term customer and business value.
- Ensure operational excellence at every stage of the sales funnel and buyer's journey, as well as developing innovative strategies to sell to existing partners and consumers.
- Provide senior leadership to the organization: market insights, pricing shifts, and competitive analyses.
- Work closely with our founder to align strategy with sales growth.
- Work closely with product teams to define and prioritize customer needs.
- Make data-driven decisions with strong analytical reasoning.
- Be accountable for results, focusing on both long- and short-term strategies; take responsibility for accurate forecasting and meeting/exceeding agreed upon sales and revenue targets.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and using them to coordinate efforts across multiple teams.
- Inspire customer success leadership to define and deliver on the customer value proposition, without sacrificing profitability targets.
- 4+ years experience in building systems of growth in startup companies and ramping them up, preferably with specific experience in selling B2B SaaS services.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related fields; MBA is preferred.
- Proven track record of growing revenue through new product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships.
- Proven experience developing and executing business strategy.
- History of decision-making based on business metrics.
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach.
⚡️ Nice To Have
- Technical aptitude or technical curiosity (e.g. an operational role at a deep tech company).
- Experience scaling a fast growth, early-stage company.
🎉 Perks and Benefits
- Salary 💸 We offer competitive salaries with performance-based bonuses. And we offer raises at will: we believe that a raise doesn’t need to be tied to an annual review
- Stock Options 📈 We believe that all employees deserve to own a part of Avala. Everyone should be rewarded for a successful company outcome.
- Mission-Driven Company 🚀 We believe that you shouldn’t just work for the sake of making money. Our mission is central to everything we do: it is a higher purpose that gives meaning and motivation to every workday.
- Remote Friendly 🌎 We’re committed to a physical work environment for our core team in the San Francisco Bay Area. But being born in 2020, with a remote culture from day 1, we anticipate having up to 50% of our team working remotely.
- Flex Hours 💪 As long as you’re available to collaborate with the team during our core work hours, you can flex your schedule however you’d like. You do you.
- Unlimited Time Off ⏰ Work-life balance is important. We want you to take trips to refresh your brain and inspire you to do your best work (plus we want you to have fun!).
- Technology 🖥. We hook you up with a laptop and tech that lets you do your best work.
- Leveling Up Opportunities 🌱 Our goal is to nurture internal talent to become organizational leaders as we scale.
- Insurance 🏥. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance to all full-time US-based team members.
- Flexible Parental Leave 🍼 We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. Parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
💙 Our Pledge to Fostering an Inclusive and Safe Workplace
Avala pledges to be a harassment- and discrimination-free space for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, nationality, neurotype, personal appearance, political affiliation, professional background, race, religion, or sexual identity or orientation.